Member of the Month - Mike Holmes
Get to know our February Member of the Month- Mike!
1. When and how did you get started with SoCo?
When I came to college station I was bored and had way to much time on my hands. I followed coach Sara on instagram because I used to drop into Brenham Crossfit, and I saw that she coached at 979 so I walked in and immediately saw Daren and John screaming at each other playing spikeball and knew I was in a good place!
2. If you could only do one CrossFit movement for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely squat snatches.
3. Favorite workout/least favorite workout??
Well the first workout I ever tried was murph so I love that one, but I think King Kong is a blast. And my least favorite workout is definitely Griff.
4. What 3 things would you bring with you to a deserted island?
I could answer this seriously, but I think a better answer would be my roomates, a spikeball net, and an ice chest!
5. If you had to pick a TV show to be your life, what show would it be?
Probably Sons of Anarchy. Not because I wanna be in a gang but riding motorcycles with my friends seems like a good life.
6. What is your spirit animal?
Probably a polar bear. They seem like they know how to have a good time.
7. What’s your favorite cheat food?
I really love a good cheeseburger, but right now 3 weeks deep in Beastmode literally anything sounds great!
8. What superpower would you want to possess? Why?
I would definitely want to stop time. This way I would have time to do my homework, traffic wouldn’t matter, and I could do and go anywhere I wanted while time was stopped.
9. What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
My lock screen is a Picture of Mac Miller, who is my favorite artist, however my wallpaper is Chicken Joe from the movie Surf’s Up. Please excuse the fact I never open text messages. I know that bothers a lot of you.
10. If you could travel anywhere outside of this planet, where would you go and why?
No doubt heaven. I have A LOT of questions.
11. What’s in your most frequently used emoji tab?
I’m not a huge emoji user so I have some WEIRD stuff in there because I use it once in a situation then it gets stuck in there. I have the greek flag, chicken head, peach booty, banana, and squid saved in there. My favorite emoji is probably the drooling face.
12. What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
The most recent search is Ecampus, but my last interesting search would be the Indian Scout (motorcycle) I was looking at last night!
13. If someone wrote a book about you, or you wrote a book, what would be the title?
“What the heck is going on: the Michael Holmes story”
14. If you had unlimited resources to buy yourself one thing, what would it be?
Probably plane tickets! I like to go see cool things and I like being by water so that would help me accomplish those things!
15. If there was one category where you could answer the whole column on ‘jeopardy' what would it be? Why?
“Useless facts about Josh Noth”
16. What is your favorite candy? Why?
I have no desire to eat sweet things and never really have so I’m going to answer: French Fries
17. If you had to turn in to a color, what color would you be?
This is the easiest question on here: Black; because it encompasses all colors.
18. What’s your favorite party game or board game?
Me and my buddys play Liar’s Dice a lot, but my favorite party games are either Rage Cage or Snappa!