Member of the Month - Emily McKay
Get to know our October Member of the Month- Emily!
1. When and how did you get started with SoCo?
My husband and I got started with SoCo when you guys moved to the new building. Quite honestly we were tired of being lazy and tired of being out of breath for our soccer games! Both of us were very active growing up, but it teetered off the older we got. We started playing soccer and realized that after 5 minutes we were utterly exhausted! SoCo was opening up around the same time. At first I was hesitant because Matt told me he was looking into the CrossFit classes, and I didn’t think I could ever do any of those workouts. At the time I doubted if I could even lift just the bar! Eventually, the biggest draw for me to join was that there would be a coach everyday who could tell me what to do and teach me every step of the way. With the amazing staff and coaching at SoCo, I now feel more confident, and can even put some weight on the bar! I have a long way to go, but in my short few months I can see the progress.
2. If you could only do one CrossFit movement for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I could do one CrossFit movement the rest of my life it would have to be either deadlifts, burpees (I know…I have to be crazy!), or box jumps! I'm also aware that those are 3 moves, but I couldn't decide!
3. What 3 things would you bring with you to a deserted island?
I would have to choose my dog, a bed, and my phone. (Matt isn’t offended that I put our dog on the list over him :P)
4. If you had to pick a TV show to be your life, what show would it be?
Golden Girls, because I aspire to be a sassy old woman when I grow up.
5. What is your spirit animal?
My spirit animal would without a doubt be a giraffe.
6. What’s your favorite cheat food?
Every cheat food! If I had to pick it would have to be tacos.
7. What superpower would you want to possess?
I think it would be to read the minds of animals. In particular, I would want to be able to read my own dogs mind.
8. What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
A photo of my husband and my dog. It was from our camping trip to Big Bend. We were walking right in-between the border of Texas and Mexico.
9. If you could travel anywhere outside of this planet, where would you go and why?
I would most likely choose the moon. I’m a little scared to travel that far, so the moon would be the closest. Right?
10. What’s in your most frequently used emoji tab?
My most frequently used emoji is the 😭 emoji. Not because I’m crying all the time! I use it for when things are just so dang funny!
11. If someone wrote a book about you, or you wrote a book, what would be the title?
The Girl with the Giraffe Tattoo
12. If you had unlimited resources to buy yourself one thing, what would it be?
I would hire a personal chef.
13. If there was one category where you could answer the whole column on ‘jeopardy' what would it be?
If I had one column that I could get every answer right on Jeopardy it would be the "misheard lyrics" category.
14. If you had to turn into a color, what color would you be?
If I had to turn a color I would probably turn a shade of blue.