Athlete of the Month - Daniel Mitchell
Get to know our September Athlete of the Month- Daniel!
1. When and how did you get started with us?
I started in May of 2017 because my brother and my best friend both had started Crossfit and encouraged me to try it. I needed to do something, I had gotten in really bad shape, tipping the scale at 270lbs earlier that year and wanted to get my health back in line. I chose SoCo Athletics "Crossfit 979" because it was closest to my house, not knowing we were moving in a year farther away. As soon as I walked in everyone made me feel right at home and were very encouraging. I fell in with the 5am Crew and Kristen, Carlos, Wendy and Olivier took me under their wing. Now it’s like old friends getting together for a beer, except it’s 5am and it’s punishing our bodies.
2. If you could only do one CrossFit movement for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I could only do one move it obviously would be deadlift, if you’ve seen the documentary, you know it’s the only way to go. All jokes aside, thats my favorite move.
3. What 3 things would you bring to a deserted island?
Three things I’d take with me: My Go Bag, a boat and my family, but my wife said that is cheating.
4. Favorite workout/least favorite workout?
Crossfit Total is my favorite work out because it’s all weightlifting and I enjoy that. My least favorite is anything running but I always seem to live over it, even though I feel like I might die.
5. If you had to pick a TV show to be your life, what show would it be?
I got nothing
6. What is your spirit animal?
I’ve never given this any thought, but I’m like an English Bulldog… stout & I like to take naps.
7. What’s your favorite cheat food?
Obviously by looking at me all food is my favorite cheat food, I workout so I can eat.
8. What superpower would you want to possess? Why?
I’ve always had a recurring dream that I could fly, so maybe that would be my superpower.
9. What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
My wallpaper is my 3 girls, Ella & Ava 10, Lilah 7, other than my wife, they are who I spend most of my time with. They are the funnest and funniest people that you ever could meet.
10. If you could travel anywhere outside of this planet, where would you go and why?
The Moon so I could be 100 lbs lighter.
11. What’s in your most frequently used emoji tab?
12. What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
I searched for gun stuff
13. If someone wrote a book about you, or you wrote a book, what would be the title?
The Man who knew all Disney Princess Trivia ( I have 3 Daughters )
14. If you had unlimited resources to buy yourself one thing, what would it be?
I’d buy Disney World, I’d never run out of money then because they sell $20 ponchos.
Congrats Daniel! Keep Crushing it